About the Department
The department was established right from the inception of the college.
To become NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Service Companies) accredited preferred course for Computer Science graduates.
To develop the students as data scientists, cloud architects and artificial intelligence experts by inculcating the real time program and application development using innovative technologies and tools. To educate students to become successful problem-solvers and life-long learners who will develop apps that will widely used in all domain of life.
Goals of the Department
To realize our vision we plan to achieve the following goals:
UG Programs: The goals of our undergraduate programs are to
(1) Teach students how to use computers effectively, creatively, and intelligently;
(2) Teach computer science as a multifaceted, humanistic discipline of problem solving;
(3) Provide up-to-date curricula in the technical and scientific knowledge needed for the professional and academic goals of our students;
(4) Encourage and participate in interdisciplinary undergraduate educational opportunities at SVASC;
(5) Teach students how to acquire new knowledge, independently, in a world that changes with ever increasing rapidity;
(6) Provide students with experiential learning opportunities; and
(7) Educate an increasing number of undergraduates in CS & CA to meet the growing demands of the regional and national economy.
Industry mentor-ship: Experts from industry in various domains help our students by giving guest lectures, workshops and reviewing their project work etc
Online courses: Faculties and students are motivated to take up online courses for their subjects from various eminent platforms like Swayam, NPTEL, etc
Diversity: Increase and embrace diversity in our student and faculty bodies, including increasing the proportion of female students.
Development: Increase our outreach and connections to industries and to increase industry-institute interactions both locally and across the country to aid development efforts.
Outreach: Establish strong and positive visibility for our educational activities both within and outside of SVASC, establish partnerships with local businesses and industry, work to promote pre-college Computer Science education and awareness in the Digital Technology.
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
Name : Dr. M. Shanmugapriya
Qualification : M.C.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D
Designation : Assistant Professor and Head
Experience in years : 10 years
Papers Published in National and International Journals : 10
List of Teaching Faculty Members
|S.No.||Staff Name||Qualification||Designation||Experience in years||Papers Published in National and International Journals|
|1||Dr.M.Shanmugapriya||M.C.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D||Asst.Prof and Head||10 years||10|
|2||Ms. V. Kalaiyarasi||M.Sc.,M.Phil.,||Asst.Prof||01Year||Nil|
|3||Ms. M. Subha||M.Sc.,M.C.A.,M.Phil.,||Asst.Prof||10 years||12|
|4||Mr. V. Suresh Kumar||M.C.A.,M.Phil.,||Asst.Prof||05 years 07 months||01|
|5||Ms. P. Sangeetha||M.C.A.,M.Phil.,||Asst.Prof||04 years||Nil|
|6||Ms. S. Sangeetha||M.C.A.,M.Phil.,||Asst.Prof||02 years||04|
List of Non – Teaching Faculty Members
|S.No.||Staff Name||Qualification||Designation||Experience in years|