Anti Ragging Cell
Ragging is prohibited as per Tamilnadu Government Gazette. The following Act of Tamilnadu Legislative Assembly received the assent of the Governor on 14th February 1997 and is hereby published for general information.
ACT No. 7 of 1997
An Act to prohibit ragging in educational institutions in the state of Tamilnadu.
Short title, extent and commencement of Act No. 7 of 1997
- This Act may be called the Tamilnadu Prohibitor of Ragging Act 1997
- It extends to the whole of the state of Tamilnadu.
- It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 19th day of December 1996.
In this Act unless the context otherwise requires ― ragging means display of noisy, disorderly conduct doing any act while causes or is likely cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear or shame or embarrassment to a student in any educational institution and includes
- Teasing, abusing practical jokes on, or causing hurt to such students or
- Asking the student to do any act or perform something which such a student will not in the ordinary course willingly
Prohibition of ragging
Ragging within or outside of any educational institutions prohibited.
Penalty of ragging
Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates ―ragging‖ within or outside of any educational institution, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which extends to ten thousand rupees.
Dismissal of students
Any student convicted of an offence under section 4 shall also be dismissed from the educational institution and such a student shall not be admitted in any other educational institutions.
Suspension of student
- Without prejudice to the forgoing provisions whenever any student complains of ragging to the head of educational institution, or to any other person responsible for management of the educational institution, such head of educational institution person responsible for the management of the
educational institutions shall inquire into the same immediately and if found true shall suspend the student, who has committed the offence, from the educational institution.
- The decision of the Head of the educational institution or the person responsible for the management of the educational institution that any student has indulged in ragging under sub section (1) shall be final.
ANTI – RAGGING COMMITTEE
S.No. Name Designation Position Phone Number
1 Dr.A.Mohanasundaram Principal Chairman 9894167134
2 Dr. S. Kiruthika Commerce HOD 8667547526
3 Dr.E.Kumar English HOD 9994840486
4 Dr. P. Rajasekar BBA HOD 7871111105
5 Mr.P. Dineshkumar PD PD 9659121351
6 Police Station ———- Inspector of Police 04256 – 240381